It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

a day of nothing

“After all," Anne had said to Marilla once, "I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string.” 

In the crazy....go...go...go...days we have....we came across a day where the calendar was open...it was a miracle...and the most wonderful day of....nothing planned. I cleaned and organized and the littles were...well...little. My heart was happy.
They made forts......
 hammered nails on the deck.....
 played pretend and make believe for hours with a bamboo stick they found in the yard.....
 loved a lot.....
 and of course....got out the rainbow loom.
It was a wonderful...simple day....and I think we need it more than we even realized.....

No comments:

Post a Comment