It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Finding my Christmas....

We finished Thanksgiving and tried to find our Christmas. I will admit it was hard without the Christmas that we have know for the last ten years. Without our house...without the bulk of our Christmas decorations. We put up Mamaw's tree in the condo...with some of the ornaments we could find...the kids asking the whole time "where is this one" where is that one"....and I didn't know....and it broke my heart. I should have done a better job of packing and organizing it all. The Christmas stuff was mostly in the attic so it was the last to get moved out and it went in many different directions....sad but true.

Jeremy and I spent  a very long time going through box after box in our 3 storage units to find a few key must haves...one of them being our advent box. I was going though the motions...but I will admit I wasn't feeling it...but I wanted to.


It wasn't until we had a morning away....focused on Christmas...that I was able to find my very own Christmas. We took the girls to see Rudolph at Derby Dinner on Saturday morning. They were so excited!
We walked into to Christmas everywhere! Beautiful trees...lights....
and time carved out for each other.....a morning with the girls....who were delighted to be here and full of Christmas cheer!

 Stopping my frenzy...and sitting back to watch their Christmas happiness made me feel the warmth of Christmas in my heart for sure!

 The wonder....the magic...the love of Christmas.....it's such a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment