It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Hillcrest Youth Triathalon

 Somehow in the hustle and bustle I skipped a few things I should have blogged but didn't....one of them was the Hillcrest Triathalon!
It was Sk's first time.....
Rollins' 3rd year.......
and Riggs' 5th year I believe!
They swam.....
 transitioned.....


Biked........

and ran their little hearts out.....
all the way to the finish line......
Best memory of the day was when SK got a water on her way to the run.....
She sipped it and then asked me where the trash was.....
no trash can? "I can't litter, mom!"
I told her just to throw it....and she stood there... for what seemed like forever....contemplating this evil act of littering.......as the triathlon clock kept going....
Finally, after seeing 15 people toss their cups in the grass, she tossed hers too and ran on.....
sweet, SK.......love her and her heart so much....
Julia & SK finished but they were both emotional from their efforts....they tried so hard
 The firetruck blasted the kids after it was over to cool them off!
they were wet and happy....
silly.....
and proud!
Both Riggs and Rollins placed in their age groups!

It was a fun morning! 
The Hillcrest Triathalon tradition continues!



No comments:

Post a Comment