It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Monday, September 16, 2013

Terra Haute or Bust

I dropped Riggs off at 6:50 am to meet the bus to his meet in Terra Haute, Indiana.
I got on...took a quick pic...and with a flick of my wrist said goodbye to him. But I wanted to wrap my arms around him and sob into his skinny, little neck and tell him I love him a thousand times. But I was at least 65% sure that he would be mortified so I went with the wrist flick...and played it cool. Easier said than done....just sayin'

 I got back in my truck and the tears fell......I had a good one.

Jeremy was on call and the little Hardy runners had their first meet in Shelby County so I was off to be there for them...and would be missing ....for the first time....Riggs' meet. A far away one at that. It really bothered me...but with 4 littles you can't be in multiple places at once....it's inevitable that I am going to miss things...I guess I should be thankful for the good run I had.

We sent Coach Jeff to be Riggs' person for the day and I all could do was love him from Shelby County. At noon, as I pulled into the meet ,I sent him positive thoughts but had a bad feeling. His team won but he had a really bad race for him...I got the news...and there was nothing I could go about it...I felt helpless. But it's all part of growing up for him...and me too... as I grow as a mom of a middle schooler. Hope the stars align more often than not and I don't have to miss many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment