It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Angels


Rollins and Braden are best friends...I mean the very best of friends. I have never witnessed two children so comfortable with each other in every way. When Braden was diagnosed with epilepsy he became even more a part of our hearts and our family. The Timmerings let him sleep over here which is so special for both of these angel boys. After they tucker out, I sneak in and make a pallet on the floor...just in case. To watch them awake and the things they do and say for each other is a treat....it is something special that is rare and hard to explain. Once Rollins told me as we were getting ready for a play date at Jack Robson's that he needed any extra shirt to wear in case Braden had a seizure...he told me that he never knows where his coat is at new people's houses and so he would need a second shirt on to take off and place under Braden's head in case he had a seizure...he is five...and has a bigger heart than most people I know...he is a very special little boy. And Braden..as they were dropped off at the very same play date put himself between a big, barking dog and Rollins because Rollins is scared of dogs...Braden did this without hesitation...with these two being there for each other and taking care of each other is like breathing. They are angels...right here on earth... and I am so blessed to be able to witness this unique and heaven-sent relationship between two boys and I am lucky enough to see this special bond even when they sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment