It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Last practice as a Gator.....

Tonight Riggs had his very last XC practice as a Goshen Gator. I watched with tears in my eyes the whole time...taking it in...every last moment....

It is his happy place....he is a leader here....the kids all know and love him...he knows Creasy like the back of his hand...it is easy...and joyful...and not one time in the last 3 years has he not wanted to go to practice....
He loves his running friends.....
very much....
I watched as he led the cool down stretches as a captain of this team....

and as he listened to every word about the upcoming state meet......
with great joy and anticipation.....
and then finally it was over....and the 5th graders ran through a tunnel of love....
our way of saying good bye.....
and then we celebrated with a bonfire and smores....
and the kids played and had a ball...each one saying good bye to Goshen XC in their own way.
and all the while I was filled with bittersweet memories of my Riggs as I remembered the first time I drug him to practice here...now that was one time he didn't want to come....but he did...and he loved it....
and his first time trial...when Jeremy ran with him....
 and remembering how he worked so hard...and how one day....  Jeremy could not keep up....
 The very first time he put on the Goshen uniform he felt special...

and every time since.....

 He has worn it with pride...and has put his heart into every practice...every race.....every season.... and I am so proud of him. He has done so much for Goshen XC....but Goshen XC has been magical for him. It's been a good ride for Riggs....let's hope we can end it on a great note and win state one more time!

No comments:

Post a Comment