It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Chicago 2013

I have been a mother for knocking on 11 years.....and Jeremy and I have not been away from the kids for the weekend...ever. We tried once but it just didn't work out....but now, here we were...headed to the big city! We were supposed to leave at noon....but pulled out about 6....but still we were happy to be Chicago bound!
Pulling into the city at night....it was beautiful!


But nothing could have been more beautiful to me than this.....
oh it called my name....in such a big way....
I'm exhausted....to the bone tired...and I was allowed to be for the night...no one needed me.
But the city.....awaited us.....right?
we decided it could wait for us one more night....I took a hot bath....and slept like a baby...and I didn't set a 5:00 alarm either....I just slept until my body woke up...
enjoying Chicago...in my own way....

 The next day....I looked beat....but I felt refreshed......
 We headed to West Egg for breakfast...I had amazing crepes...and they have the best coffee...ever.

 and a date...with this cute boy....
 Funny...even with the kids removed...they were still front and center...we went to Garrets to get them popcorn...the American girl store...and the Nike store...first thing....
We had lunch at Gino's!


 and shopped at Northface and lots of other stores.......
 We walked......
We talked.......


 We laughed......
 and that night we headed to the Pour House for supper.....and a few drinks....


and then we were off to Second City.....to laugh...laugh....laugh....


 We ended the night at Mandy's Hot Chocolate!

and I have to mention these doughnuts......
  They are SPECIAL......
 We could have lingered the next morning....for more time in the city....another calm, slow breakfast...but we suited up in our new, warm North Face jackets...and grabbing White Castle breakfast sandwiches on the way out of town.....we headed home to 2 basketball games....and four littles we missed so much.
It was two nights away....but it was enough....it was good....in so many ways.....
I hope we can do it again soon....and if I ever go missing.... check the local hotels....I am a new woman after a good nights sleep.....I may want another before 11 years go by again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment