It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Friday, January 25, 2013

She can't skate

Tonight was an the annual Goshen skate party. I had a root canal this afternoon and was really not up to going, but it was my event....and I had the check to pay for it....so I just had to...so I did. SK wanted to go...but she can't skate....so I knew we would not be there long. She held onto me for quite a while...and then gradually she shuffled on the carpet...but she can't skate.

 She mingled with friends...and got braver and braver...as my mouth swelled more and more.
and in the end...I sat there..trying to be super sweet and talk to people while my mouth throbbed.....
while SK skated
Sister CAN skate!
Funny how any movement of my mouth hurt like hell...but the smile of pride I had for her...it just didn't hurt at all...not one bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment