It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Sunday, January 20, 2013

decorations and memories

We went over to Mamaw's to take down the Christmas decorations...and the moment I walked in the house I missed him...Papa. Something about the Christmas tree...always brings out family memories...and putting the Christmas stuff out..it is happy...as you remember this time and that laugh. But putting it up...it's a little sad...it's like you are putting up the happy memories back into the totes and boxes.....and you pray you will remember them all over again the next year.

all the fun times...that made you really laugh....I mean a good belly laugh that just remembering it later makes your mouth curl up into a smile as an automation reaction to the memory...
and times you felt so warm inside from the love you felt....precious times when you could reach out and touch Papa...hug him if you wanted.... opportunities that are gone....and only the memory remains....
and as I dusted the dining room table...tonight... it was almost like if I looked to the end of it...I could see him right there...ready to eat....play a game of pass word....pose for a pic....
We looked through pictures of him tonight....with Mamaw....and told the kids stories about him...and missed him so much very much....we put decorations back into boxes and memories back into our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment