It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Sunday, October 2, 2011

They run...

They run....my boys. Right now it is the season of cross country and we seem to be eating, breathing and sleeping it....and loving every minute of it.  I can not tell you how much this sport means to me....it changed my first born in ways I can't even begin to explain. Running coaxed an inner light right out of him...and sparked a confidence that grows a little more every day.  It has brought me closer to him....being a bridge of one of the many things we talk about and share. The way he thanks me when I hand him a water for practice...the way he looks at me when he sees his lucky socks are clean for every meet....how he excitedly tell me about times and meets and other runners...because he knows I care. 
 Every time I see him run...it takes my breath away...
 truly it does.....
 and now little brother runs too......
 and although he was born with more confidence than Riggs.....I see him learning and growing as a runner everyday.....and more than that, I see him falling in love with it...just like his brother.....
 I have loved watching Riggs share this love with Colin this year...and you know what.....Colin loves it too...I swear the passion and heart that Riggs has for this sport is contagious!
 He is a captain of this team....and he takes it seriously......he understands this responsibility and what it means to him....and others....
 and sometimes being a good captain is cheering your heart out for someone else!
 I love to watch them fly down the hills at practice....wind blowing in their hair...the freedom they feel sprinting.....the satisfaction of knowing their hard work will pay off at a finish line some day soon. I just love XC...it's in my heart and the hearts of the Hardy boys...and for now, we are enjoying every second of the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment