It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Trimble County Meet

We loaded up on this beautiful Saturday morning for the Trimble County Cross Country Meet! It is always nice to go home....and home will always be Trimble County.  This morning and this meet meant a lot to us. We were not running to win.....we were not running for a better time....we had something else on our hearts.....

We boys ran this morning for Coach Jeff...in his honor...with him in their hearts...

and on their shoes......

 Today Riggs ran with a clear mind ...focused...and sure...on this beautiful course that means so much to a man who means so much to him...

and yes...Brandt beat him today...he took back his place as the first on the team...but that mattered so little today.....so very little....today Riggs ran for Coach Jeff.
I hope that when the Hardy boys crossed that finish line that Jeff felt an extra beat in his heart because they were sending him an enormous amount of love in their own way.
bomp-bomp....can you feel it?
 It was a great meet!  Truly it was! Both boys received medals....Rollins came in 5th!

Riggs came in second.....
The boys and girls won first place! The only thing missing was Jeff.....

I am so proud of my boys...for being good runners but more so for being boys with big hearts...who see and find meaning....who make it count. 

I am so inspired by my children. I love them intensly and passionately....I try with all my heart to teach them about life...the big things and the little....but so often I find my self the student.  If everything we did.... we did so with passion and purpose....with goodness in our hearts.... I know we would feel more fulfilled...more invigorated....more content...more full of love..... at the end of the day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment