It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Wednesday, October 19, 2011


Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.
-unknown







I was taken aback by tears today as my friend Pam walked into the office at Goshen. She was wearing a beret today to make her chemo shoulder bag look more "artistic". She felt horrible....was weak and in so many ways done...wanting to be still...asleep.....home. But today was her son's birthday. She got up early.... with poisons running into her body.... and make a maze of crepe paper for him to wake up to this morning. He woke up to a maze that said to his heart I did this this for you...because I love you and you are mine. She got dressed and came to school to have lunch with him...because it was his birthday and she has never missed a birthday lunch...and today was not going to be the first.  I stood in the office and held her hand and told her she did it.....with tears in both our eyes we celebrated her will and how strong a mother's love truly is. I am so proud of her and so happy to call her my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment