It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Monday, March 5, 2012

Anthem 5K 2012

The boys have been doing track this winter, but they have not had a meet yet...
I could tell they were itching for a race so we signed up to do the Anthem 5K this morning! They were surprisingly nervous but excited!

My boys were so funny...all dressed in green...warming up at the start line...like they were getting ready to run a full Marathon. It was funny to watch people look at the boys...they looked at them like they were so cute....so little to be doing a race with 10,000 people. A few people even jokingly said "I'll try to keep up with you" to them...and the boys smiled and just nodded, but I could tell they wanted to say "You will be eating my dust". I realized watching this that the boys sure don't see themselves as "baby runners"....they really don't...but they sure looked like babies on the streets of downtown Louisville surrounded by 10,00 people to me. 
 This was Rollins' first big race like this...and he was so cute...and so happy to be there!

 It was exciting to all be at the start line together...as the race started we exchanged "good lucks" and "I love yous" and then we were off...all running our own race!


 The order of finish for the Hardy Party was Riggs, Rollins, Jeremy and last but not least...me.  The good thing about being last is that when I crossed the finish line my boys were right there cheering for me...and Riggs was proud of me and that sure felt good.
 Uncle Jeff ran too and we were able to catch up with him at the finish line!
 Jeremy tried so hard to catch Rollins and got so close...just 5 seconds behind him...but he just couldn't pass
him...so bragging rights belong to my 7 year old for sure!  I made this pic and told him Just Bieber was so proud of him....he got the biggest kick out of that!



No comments:

Post a Comment