It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Thursday, March 15, 2012

March Madness is in full swing!

It's true.....
 After I attended the University of Kentucky and celebrated 2 National Championships on the streets of campus and experienced the heartbreak of one runner up year..I truly became a Kentucky basketball fan..and I am so glad I did. Jeremy and the boys are die hard...they just are...and so instead of rolling my eyes....and not getting it...I get to be just as excited as they are for March Madness and UK basketball...and be a part of it all...and I love it...oh so much! We were so excited that the Cats were coming to Louisville for the fist round of the tournament this year and when they announced an open practice I jumped at the chance to take the boys!
I stopped and got yummy basketball cookies from the Homemade Pie Kitchen...
  Jenna and I picked up Ryson and Ryan and  the kids up from school and headed straight for the YUM center!


 There were not a lot of people there so we got right down on the floor!

 and waited for the Cats!
 By the time their practice time was up...the place was packed with BLUE and white! Can you believe Kentucky fans can fill up a huge arena for a 30 minute shoot around!
 and they cheered and yelled just like it was a game!

 When the team came it the crowd went crazy! Everyone was so excited!

 Unfortunately for us...we were by this huge U of L posse that had waited 2 hours just to be able to BOOO when the Cats came out.....really? If you have that much extra time...go volunteer at the mission down the street! It was so annoying..and my boys were so taken by it...I hated that it took away front heir excitement...

 But we talked about it and got refocused on the positive!
 It was amazing to see these great players in action.....

 The boys were in awe....they watched the players....and I watched them take it all in!



 The Cats looked happy and relaxed.....I hope that is a good sign for a good tournament!

 As they came together at the end of their time...I wished them god luck and I couldn't help but hope we were looking at a National Championship team....the boys would absolutely love that.....that would be so fun for them! But you never know...ANYTHING can happen in March! Anything!

 So Go Cats! We will be wearing our blue....making our queso and cheering for you every step of the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment