It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

5th Grade Graduation for Riggs

Seriously this is happening. I am taking pictures on my front porch of my little boy who is about to go graduate from 5th grade. We are closing the book on elementary school and  his time as a Goshen Gator. It's hard on a Moma....I feel like I am loosing him...but in the same breath I feel like I am getting to see exactly who he is...like I am discovering him all over again. We talk about life and the world...make plans....share opinions...and a little thing called respect is now a big part of what defines us....and that respect in a two way street for sure. I am so in love with him...my sweet, handsome boy who has raw emotions and a sense of humor that I adore.But still....I can't believe this is happening today. 
But it is......
Taylor Riggs Hardy is graduating from the 5th grade at Goshen Elementary
As he stood there with his class he seemed so big to me all of us sudden...all these kids dressed like little adults...
and yet so little....
as he got nervous about going up in front of everyone to get his diploma......
they all seemed a little unsure......
But they all did it.....
He went up and did it and graduated from Goshen Elementary.
Afterward we celebrated in the cafeteria with doughnuts and friendship and I was so happy I was able to help plan this celebration for these amazing kids!



One thing for sure..Riggs is blessed with friendship. He loves his friends and I love that they have each other for their new adventures in Middle School.






We were all so proud of Riggs and happy to be there to celebrate with him!


In a blink the graduation was over.....and we continued the fun with Kona Ice....





a picnic lunch......
and time to hang out and sign yearbooks.......

It was a great day! Full of mixed emotions for me..there were beaming smiles and times with teary eyes but a great day for sure! I am so thankful we are headed to the Smokies for the weekend so I can focus on that and not the heaviness in my heart. Smokies here we come!


No comments:

Post a Comment