It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Monday, June 10, 2013

the last day of school

The emotional jolt I felt this morning was unexpected....it was the beginning of the last last of school.....the morning.....not the end.....
and yet...it sunk in that it was the last time these three would be together....heading off to school....together.....
the bus pulled up......
pulled away.....and the tears fell.....it hurt my heart to think that this was it....the end of this.

I pulled my self together and got my summer treats ready for my teachers....monogrammed cover ups and my favorite SPF Baby Lips......
I headed to school and let the firsties present a bouquet...one flower at a time ....to Ms. Spenlau
and then did the same for Rollin' 3rd grade class for Mrs. Noon
and then I waited in the hall for the 5th graders to arrive for their annual Hall Walk...their last goodbye to Goshen......
 When I saw them...the first glimpse...it was Riggs and Ben leading the way...little ones reaching up giving them fives...everyone was so excited!

 I was flooded with every memory of Riggs in these hallways.....so many come to mind....kindergarten Derby parade.....heading to his first mile run....going to the book fair....waiting for him for lunch.....and I was teary as my hand touched his for my high five to him....our hands touched....our eyes locked....I cried....he smiled....and he passed by...moving right along with the wave of his class.....

it's just how it goes....they move on even though you want them to stay...to linger.....they move on....
 Back in his class they said their final goodbyes....and I headed home to get my water balloons ready for our annual bus stop water balloon fight!

The bus came soon enough....and my 6th grader stepped off the bus...followed by my 4th grader and my 2nd grader.....
 and the water balloon fun began!



 followed by shaving cream......




Hello Summer!
 We are so glad you are here!

No comments:

Post a Comment