It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

an emotional week for Moma

The ends of my spectrum...my first born...the one who made me a moma...graduated from elementary school this week. My baby...the one I cling to her fleeting baby smell...graduated from preschool this week. Lots of tears were shed this week by me...both happy and sad ones. I am tired...just that emotionally exhausted tired that comes over you when your heart has been tested. But tonight a wave of contentment washed over me as I put piles of laundry away quietly and I got to be a fly on the wall to the ends of my spectrum.  Riggs and Lila...fresh from baths...lay in my bed talking about school and the big week they had. Lila excited to be able to talk about school in her own way now and Riggs happy to talk to her and what school will be for her...what Goshen was to him. It was precious to watch them share and talk and it just made everything right with the world after such an emotional week for Moma...it was like everything had come full circle...the ending and beginning lost in each other.
And then he told her a few stories about princesses....princesses who love school and have so much fun there....and her eyes lit up as she listened and pictured herself as that princess.....what an amazing brother...what a lucky little girl.
lucky me too......

No comments:

Post a Comment