It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Monday, July 23, 2012

Goshen XC leadership camp

I blew up pictures of my team...blew up balloons....got the Gatorade slushies ready and we invited the Goshen XC team from last year over for a 3 day leadership camp. We want them to feel that XC family bond before we welcome all the new runners...so the new runners will feel the love right away!
Sappy as it sounds...when the kids arrived...running with hugs and smiles for me...I felt like I was home...this team feels like home to me...a place of acceptance and love....it felt so good to be together again.

It's bittersweet...everything this year.... as Riggs begins his last year on the Goshen XC team...a team that has meant so much to him...to us...and helped him to find the confidence and leadership we had hoped he could find.
We spent 3 days stretching....
learning proper running form....
playing fun games that made us all laugh...
eating Gatorade slushies.....

watching movies that inspired us...to be better runners...and better people...
and of course...running...



It was so fun to be together and I can't wait to start our season....these kids....this team... are truly a part of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment