It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Friday, July 20, 2012

Swim Team Banquet

It was Fiesta Time!
 The swim season was over and this banquet brought the season to a close. A lot of time...a lot of heart and a lot of love went into this season. Doing it.... it was a lot...looking back it was worth it.....
 Every child gets one of these and every child deserves one...they work so hard and we had a great season! One for the history books for sure!

 Every group was excited to get their trophy! The 7-8 boys that Rollins belongs to....

 and the 9-10 boys that Riggs hung his hat with all summer!

 A few children were individually selected for special coach's awards as well...and both my boys were lucky enough to earn one...I was so touched...
Rollins got a spirit award from Coach Marilyn......always happy to help, work hard, and do his best while encouraging his team and friends!
 Riggs got an award for being Coachable from coach Rachel...for working hard....always listening...and always giving his best!
 I am so proud of my boys and the swimming season they had!
 As the night ended we watched the video I made of the season and looking back you can see true memories we made and the happiest smiles around!
There is a lot of love on this team....

As the banquet ended and we cleaned up....the team filed out and looking around I saw what was left...

happy kids...proud of their accomplished goals and the fun they had.....
one tired little girl asleep on a chair......

and me....I was left. I was left with a big fat lip because a bee was in my drink....
but I was also left with a fig fat feeling of happiness because of how much I gave to this team and these amazing children this summer. My lip will go down but the fun swim team memories we made this summer will be forever big in my heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment