It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Halloween Time!

We have been very busy this fall...every year we seem to get busier as the kids' activities get more demanding. Once upon a time I would  have Halloween totes at the ready on Sept 28th to decorate and costumes ordered and organized for Halloween activities long before October was on the Calendar. Not so much any more and the seasons tend to sneak up on me...but we have yet to miss one! :)
It's Halloween time...it is all around us and it was time for the Hardys to jump right in too!
We got into the spirit of the season.....and put up all the Halloween decorations!


Then with no costume ideas in mind headed off to get some!
We walked in waiting for something to call our name...

Right away Riggs fell in love with an afro....
He has a thing for the long hair....the package said "the biggest afro"......and his costume idea was born!
A pink kitty mask called out to Lila Ray....and the rest is history!
It was the black feathers that called out to Sarah Kate in this mask....she didn't want the mask but loved the feathers....so she decided on a dark angel with black feathers......so ironic since she is the most angelic child most of the time...but I love it that she is thinking outside of the box!
Rollins and I had trouble hearing the costumes call out to us.......but Rollins finally decided on a zombie!

Halloween here we come! I loved how happy they all were with their choices! It's funny how a 30 minute trip to the store can bring as much joy as months of costume planning....maybe even a little more! But what I do know is that I treasure these memories of childhood fiercely with my littles....these Halloweens where everyone ...all four of them..... are excited to pick out a costume....are numbered and sadly I know this unfortunate truth....so I am enjoying it...taking it all in.....and falling into fall with dark angle wings, zombie make up,  big afros, and white fuzzy kitten tails!

No comments:

Post a Comment