It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

my apologies to Miss Thing......

One of Riggs'  buddies came into the kitchen the other day and said..."I saw that picture of you at the top of the stairs, Mrs. D...you look so different.....when you were young"
I smiled...because I adore this kid...and then walked in the other room and gave a deep sign to shake it off...shake what off, you ask?
Shake off Reality.
So this is me....on a typical no make up day with "miss thing" smiling over my shoulder...
"miss thing" was younger....and prettier....and she had time time to straighten her hair and money to buy make up at the mall. She thought she was busy with three little ones but she had all the time in the world....she just didn't know it then.  She went to the doctor regularly....exercised a bit....and was 8 pounds heavier. She didn't have laugh line around her mouth or lines on her forehead. I am pretty sure she had her own sock drawer too. So what happened to "miss thing"? Well she had another baby....and added a dog to the list of things to take care of. But then busy really began....as she fell in love with motherhood and every little piece of it...like the school her kids go to and the teachers who teach them and put her heart into that in many ways. And then she fell in love with Cross Country and the amazing little hearts who run so hard and she put her heart into that. And then swim team....and a t-shirt business...and as the kids grew so did the fun things she wanted to do with and for her kids. And before she knew it her heart was in so many places...but all places she wanted it to be. "miss thing" was gone.....too scattered....
 So I am not "miss thing" any more...she was over rated any way. And I guess I am just now realizing this....that's the funny part. I am happier now with 4 littles and a dog. I  was awarded those laugh lines and wrinkles on my forehead from laughing and smiling. I can think of worse scars to have for sure. My grocery store make up seems to be good enough...when I find time to wear it and who needs a sock drawer when you can just wear your sons' socks.  I am older for sure...not as pretty...not as put together...but also not as worried about it. My closet is empty but my heart is full. My time is taken but I feel far from robbed....as I spend time doing things I love with people I love. Parts of me have been lost...but the parts that matter...I mean the ones that truly... really matter... have been found...the package is just not as pretty any more.  Sometimes letting go of one thing let's you find another. My apologies to "miss thing" and mall make up counter everywhere.......

No comments:

Post a Comment