It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Friday, May 10, 2013

1/2 mile run


I got a text from Mrs. Spenlau telling me that SK wanted different shoes to run her first 1/2 mile run. She did not want to run in her sparkle, glitter tennis shoes...but wanted her pink and purple Reeboks. I am not sure if she will be a runner or not...I lean toward the not....but she gets it...and she  knows what she needs and how her brothers run. I had not anticipated that this would be important to her, but nonetheless it was. If Riggs or Rollins had called to say they were not wearing the right shoes for the mile run I would get to Goshen in a heart beat for them...I know I would. So I got out of the chair at the salon...and left with wet hair...to go get the pink and purple Reeboks.

 When I arrived she was excited.....we changed her shoes...pulled her hair back....
 She wasn't sure about it....how to pace herself....how much to try at first...but I just hugged her and told her this.....She had the shoes she wanted....but.....
and off she went....she was probably 4th in her class...but she ran the whole time and paced herself like a champ...she may not be the fastest runner but she was a very smart runner for sure......

and she cheered for everyone and encouraged everyone!


I was so proud of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment