It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Monday, June 4, 2012

A day of firsts.....

My heart stopped when I heard Jack barking in the back yard...a big bark...a something is up bark....
I was shocked to find he had treed a peacock...I should have known the day was going to be different when this happened...I mean, how rare is a peacock in your back yard?
 My heart stopped again when later Riggs asked if he could ride his bike to the pizza place in Norton Commons....with some friends...across a busy highway....and eat without supervision.....he really wanted to go...but my heart was not ready for that. I had to follow my heart and say no.....I hate disappointing him, but I am not ready for that yet. So we compromised by letting them ride to the club and eat...alone. .....I was decorating for the Luau so I just happened to be at the pool anyway ;)

I saw them ride up....park....and go in....all by themselves.
 When they got back to the house...they had their shirts off and under their helmets...they looked crazy...but they also looked happy...boys being boys!
 Riggs was so proud....I am so glad we found happiness in our compromise.
I know we won't always see eye to eye....on what he thinks he is ready to do...and what I think he is ready to do...but we will figure it all out one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment