It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Riggs tries cross country



I have been searching for a niche for my Riggs...he is good at many sports but he seems to be a natural when it comes to running. I really wanted him to try cross country but none of his friends are running and he was reluctant to try. We decided to check it out together... we got the right running shoes...a new underarmour shirt....and he and I headed out to Creasy to meet the cross country team for the first practice tonight. He was nervous and excited and so was I! He shook his hands with nervousness as Coach Lee gathered the team together. I decided to run with him so I would be able to see how hard it was and how hot it was for him. I could not keep up with him in any event! He was awesome! He truly is a natural runner! He wanted to be first and got to the lead in any practice run they did...we wanted it....and he has the talent and ability to get it! It was amazing to see him shine..I am teary just typing this. We got in the truck after the practice and the door closed. I look at him and he said " I hate to say it but I was pretty good out there!" They were joyful words coming from this child who struggles with his confidence. He was amazing! He is amazing!

1 comment:

  1. This made me smile. Jason ran cross country all though high school. So glad to see Riggs "shine!"

    ReplyDelete