It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Sunday, May 8, 2011

mom's day

“When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.”
– Sophia Loren



My Mother's day started off perfect...watching two littles on the couch being as sweet as can be...Lila laying on Rollins and he was playing with her hair....
And then having this little one come in the kitchen...all Cindy Lou Who like.... and wish me a happy mother's day!
I was quite impressed with the littles this morning...Jeremy was gone to work and yet...unprompted... they all wished me a happy mother's day!
We got ready and headed off to church where the most wonderful sermon about being a mom awaited me!
I was happy to have my own Moma join me for church as well! She is an amazing, wonderful woman!
Everything about the littles is tender on Mother's Day...you linger longer with little hands...and toes..and they feel it too....offering one gesture of love after another!


Even on this day..there are still tears to wipe and boo-boos to care for...this morning Rollins picked up the curling iron. God love him!
Riggs went forward at Church today and wants to be baptized...it was a wonderful mother's day gift and one I will treasure and remember for the rest of my life. I will forever keep the image of Mandy and I crying tears of joy as our sweet boys went forward together. I will also forever hold the image of Mamaw's contented and joyful smile as she watched him walk forward. I feel so blessed that she was there...it is the best mother's day gift for her!
 It was a day of soccer games..where this guy scored 2 goals and Rollins played his heart out.
It was a day of Hometown pizza and presenting my moma with the most fabulous shoes ever as her Mother's day gift!
At Bumpa and Grandpa's house I had the chance to sit for the first time today.
I drank this cup of coffee and watched Riggs, Rollins, Sarah Kate and Lila Ray play....and my heart skipped a beat...as I remembered that are mine...all mine!


I am one.... truly blessed..... momma!
Today I received many gifts...
But the real gift was playing capture the flag with the littles! Playing....really playing with my kids is the best.
They appreciate the effort...and the willingness to play...to join them in something they love! I swear, the harder I try the more they love me! ;)
and in return you get to see precious faces...like this....
and this.....
On the way home I was in love with my Lila...her window was down and she was beyond precious...wind blowing...arms waving...beautiful giggles erupting from her soul!

Back home I was presented with a song and the littles bearing their own gifts...a watering can from Rolls....
And artsy garden stakes from the other three..a sunshine from Riggs...
A dragon fly from Sk....
and a butterfly from Lila.....
Every day as a mother is unique..full of new wisdom and new emotions as you fall deeper and deeper in love with your children....Mother hood and the love it brings into your life and into your heart is strong...is makes you carry your children in your heart....
Come to a soccer game and smile from the inner depths of your soul...even when you are sick...and weak...and unsure....
It makes your hands comfort and love all the days of your childrens' lives...
Even when your babies grow up...or if they have special needs and they will never actually grow up...no matter what .....a mother's love continues...and changes and grows....and never ends...
A mother's love will take you to the other side of the world and back....it's that big...
but it's just as strong right in your own back yard....where the weight of a little on your lap feels more comforting than any thing you can imagine....
A mother's love bring you so much joy it hurts.......
and is a sisterhood that reaches beyond anything you can imagine...as it connects mothers, sisters, sister in laws, step mothers and friends.....we are all mothers and feel that connection in our soul....but especially on mother's day...
Every day.... as a mother.... you show your love in differentt ways...today I felt that love from my head ....
to my toes...dirty from running and playing so much in the yard with my babies...
I love Mother's day...taking time to read and reread the cards and texts you get...and tearing up because it  means so much...so much more than anything else.
On Mother's day you take time to remember the mothers who are older and wiser....and full of beauty and decades of mothers day bliss....
and you remember mothers days of your past...when you were younger...but moments you treasure...as you think about how your family has grown and changed and how you have grown as changed as a mother....and as a person because you are a mother...


What I do know is that being a mother means everything to me...and today I felt blessed beyond anything I could ever imagine....It was a wonderful day....Happy Mother's Day from the bottom of my heart!

And now I'm off to take just one more peak at these treasures while the Mothers day is still fresh in my heart....




No comments:

Post a Comment