It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Torch Award

Tonight I was honored to receive my Torch Award for being the volunteer of the year at Goshen...I was over the moon to share this night with Jackie McNatt who was chosen as teacher of the year for Goshen!
 So many Goshen teachers and staff were there to  support us and cheer for us...Principal Peters said Jackie and I were her firsts...and that really struck a heart string of mine...I felt like she was proud of me...like a mom would be proud and that felt so good. I think we all still long for...no matter how old we get...to please the people we love and respect...and I sure love and respect Mrs.Peters. It really felt like a family tonight...sitting down for supper...celebrating together...happy for each other...full of smiles and support.
 The Littles and Jeremy were especially proud of me...and that meant more to me than anything!
 Jackie was so full of happiness geting her award...look at that smile! I am so proud of her!
 Lila clapped for everyone...me, Jackie,  and every Elementary, middle and high school teacher in the building....she was so cute and into the whole thing!

 I was especially happy that Ashley and Ruthie were there....I happen to adore them with all my heart. We all do......that's what happens when you have amazing teachers....you just fall in love with them...because they are truly making a positive impact on your child...I can say it and mean it...my boys are better people for know these amazing women...and I am too.


 We didn't get pictures with Ashley :( but we couldn't love her any more!
It was an amazing night and I was honored to be there with these amazing women and to represent this school that I love with all my heart! Thank you Goshen for all the love and for pointing me in the right direction...a night like this makes me want to be a teacher even more. Someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment