It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Monday, April 23, 2012

Holding on

It's been a few weeks since I downloaded this picture....I just have not been up for writing about my night....a night that happened a few weeks ago. This picture was taken the next morning...the morning after.

It was 9:00 and the littles were all in bed...all of them but Sarah Kate who was still with Jeremy. they had gone to see the play,  Annie..... and they were on the way home...but it seemed to be taking longer than necessary. The phone rang and my heart stopped....I ran for it and Jeremy was on the other end..."I need you to come to the base of Hitt lane NOW!" he screamed and the line went dead.....

I got everyone out of bed and into the truck and off we went....my eyes..looking.... searching for him...them....what was wrong? I could not find them..panic set it...the mind was a flurry of "what if's"...I call Jeremy's cell....no answer...again..no answer.....I kept driving and looking...looking and driving...and calling...and finally he answered...."we are in Rock Springs...we were hit by a drunk driver" and click...the line goes dead again....my heart fell...were they ok...he I could hear...what about Sarah Kate? was she ok....where were they? I searched the neighed of Rock Springs...endlessly it seemed....and finally I found Jeremy's car.....I ran to them and my heart started beating again as I saw both of them...still here. Sarah Kate was crying and so very upset but she was here....and I wrapped my arms around her...holding on to her.

This lady had hit them...and then fled the scene...Jeremy followed her....there is more to the story...her story but my post will end here. It was a long night and I was just happy to go home and put my 6 year old, precious daughter  safely in her....in our home.  And later to hear the garage door and have Jeremy walk through the door.I put myself to bed that night and cried and cried....cried for what I have and for all the things I never want to loose. The next morning I did a lot of holding on.....and thanking God for more...more love...more time...I am just thankful for more....

No comments:

Post a Comment