It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Monday, April 2, 2012

Ultimate dream game

 UK won their game putting them in the final four game...and since then it has been crazy! They will play in the ultimate dream game...Versing U of L to get into the National Championship game. It has been a week of constant talk about the Cats and the Cards!

and although we say ..."boy are we proud of Kentucky...sending 2 teams to the final four".....
We all just want our team to win! We all believe our team is the best...the one with the most heart...the most deserving...why? Because we are fans...and that is what we do...we love our team...and my team...my family's team is the Kentucky Wildcats! We think they are number one...no matter what!
 The littles believe this...because this is what we have taught them.....
 I fell in love with the Cats somewhere between putting up a UK flag on our  Ft. Myers beach house on Spring break 96 and when  I screamed out "Thank you Pitino" from the back of a fire engine racing down Euclid Avenue when we won the National Championship that year....as I watched the couches burn and the campus celebrate.....I was hooked...true blue...right then and there!
 and we were runners up to the National Championship in 97...and that hurt made me love them even more....way more in fact....
 and then I was able to relive it all again in 98 when we won the National Championship again....aahhh it was sweet! I am a UK alum...and I love me some Cats and some Kentucky basketball...I love them enough to be sure my dog even has a little Kentucky Blue on for good measure...so this is an exciting time for us!
 All decked in our blue for the Ultimate dream game....and Jenna stops by to leave a big red kiss on Lila Ray....she just had to leave her mark! ;)
 We got prepared which to us means making a boat load of game munchies....

 and got ready to cheer on our Cats with all we had....even Mamaw was ready and was saying "Go Big Blue"
 The Super dome was a sea of blue...and although we were in a family room in Louisville Kentucky...we cheered like we were right there...like our cheers could be heard and would make a difference to the game....and the players...
 Superstitious Riggs...touches the door frames at every time out during a game....hey...whatever works!
 At halftime the game was too close for comfort....
 and we headed over to see the Timmerings at Ryan's house....
 Jodie gave the boys a unibrow...just like Anthony Davis...I was sure this was the magic we needed....
 Bow to the Brow, Baby!!!!
 Jenna and I hugged and promised to love each other no matter what!
 I do love my Jenna...certainly more than my cats, but I was excited for this game for sure and proud to be a part of the BBN ( Big Blue Nation)!
 Back at Bumpa's we watched the rest of the game....
 It was a real nail biter....Louisville played hard....


 But in the end we were dancing outside...celebrating victory over the cards...and a chance to play in the National Championship game!!! The boys were over the moon with happiness! I think they are true blue already....
 After it was over...we headed back to celebrate with the Timmerings...but gently...I know how much the loss hurts and it could have easily been my team...I gave Jenna another hug and right then and there told myself I would wear purple tomorrow...(red and blue together...and I did)
 and the boys...they had time to analyze every play.....I am pretty sure they sent a text to the UK coaching staff with their recommendations for the next game...

 Oh it was a fun night to live in Kentucky for sure...but extra fun to be a wildcat!!!
Man oh Man ....I love March Madness!!!!!
GO CATS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment