It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

First dance for Riggs

Sarah asked me about helping with a few middle school dances this year....and now I am the social co chair for the PTA...but she and I went with it and I think we pulled off a pretty fun dance for the kids!
The theme was Neon New Year....
We had neon doughnuts......
lots of glow...and neon decorations....
 and we had a count down to a new year at 9 pm...with a light up balloon drop ( or me being on top of the closed bleachers and shaking this bag of balloons on top of the kids...but whatever)  :) they loved it!

 They let us have the lights down and the kids danced and had a ball.....
 I did not bring Riggs and did not "bother" him at the dance....I stayed in the shadows and left him to just enjoy his first dance...I was so surprised when he came to find me and said..."finally....I have been looking for you forever...you are like a ghost!" ( my heart smiled.....I had mastered my plan to not bother him at his first dance....AND he came to look for me) Nailed it!
He wanted pics taken....that is why he was looking for me! Is he my boy or what?
I gladly obliged...

 He even wanted one with his girl.....
 It was a fun night and I am so glad I got to be there to experience his first dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment