It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

First day of school craziness

The morning came early....REAL early.
 I had everything ready...outfits laid out...water bottles filled.....snacks packed.....breakfast ready....vitamins and medicines in neat little piles for each little....but as prepared as I was....it was not enough to help Lila Ray through this morning.....
She fought me....she cried....she broke my heart....she was not going to school or having any part of getting ready to leave her house our her Moma.....

at one point I truly thought about just keeping her home another year...it was that traumatic of a morning....

I had sent good luck to text to some of my teacher and school friends...just wishing them a good first day of school...little did I know but that little random act of kindness came back ten fold....that text led to Paula Judy replying and me replying back....and before I knew it the phone rang and it was her. She was on her way to school and called and asked to talk to my hysterical Lila. I just put her on speaker and she talked away...offering comfort and excitement about school. Lila never said a word but she listened and slowly we turned a corner. Thank you...thank you...for my dear, precious friend, Paula Judy.You are a warm light at Goshen and we are beyond blessed to have your love in our lives.
So we were able to stop crying......and get dressed........
and with a little time....a lot of patience ...a lot of love....we were able to get Lila Ray ready for the first day of Kindergarten!

and she was happy!

 Sarah Kate and Rollins were amazing...they were self sufficient as I dealt with little sister and when I looked up after getting Lila ready...they were all ready to go! I love...love...love these two middle littles....they just have a way of doing what they need to do....and I am so grateful for that.

Sarah Kate was so excited about her first day of 2nd grade!

Rollins was ready for 4th grade too!
These 3 were ready to head off to Goshen!

Lila thought about getting teary again but the promise of Jack getting her off the bus with a present made for a smooth transition ( hey....I was desperate...and resorted to a bribe....don't judge me!)  ;)

Soon the bus came.....
they climbed on.......

got settled......

and off they went,,,,,,

Bye....bye.....littles
Bye...bye....my last baby....
bye...bye....my identity for the last 11 years
Tears welled up....but were wiped away as I headed back to the house to get Riggs up for his fist day of Middle school. ( Can this day get any more emotional)
I loved this morning with Riggs...just the two of us.....
It was nice and I think I am really going to love this new part of my day with him. 
We headed to the bus stop.....
and he was off too......so excited to get on and ride to school with some of his best buddies!

My sweet friend Tracy sent me pics of Lila with Emerson so I knew she was not sitting in a corner by herself rocking back and forth....which I needed to see....my moma heart needed to know.
She was smiling and happy and with a sweet friend.....



I had planned ahead and had a busy day ....I just thought would be best.....first stop was a Boo Hoo breakfast that Amanda had coordinated at Wild Eggs.....It was so fun to share our morning stories!
 and do Cheers to a great school year!
Next Stop Holly's for a Boo Hoo lunch with these sweet momas who all have Kindergators! We laughed and cried together. I am so lucky to have such amazing friends...and beyond blessed to have friends to share all these emotions with! We were all crazy this day together!
Holly had a cup cake with each of our Kindergator's initial....so cute!

After a few errands... which included  getting after school milk shakes.....
and a Barbie for Jack to give Lila...it was time to wait for the bus......
Jack really was so cute waiting with the Barbie.....I know he really was missing her.....
I was so happy to get them home and hear about visits to the treasure box......
friends in her class she loves......
and just to have them back home with me........
 Later Riggs came home.....he had a great first day and got right to work on his homework

So the first day is in the books.....now we have to do it all over again tomorrow.....wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment