It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Teachers.....drum roll please

 We got up extra early to be at school early to get our teacher assignments! The kids were nervous......but I was sick....I hate this day.....I really do...with one fill in the black....

Mrs. _______________

they are placed for the whole year. The kids go from a care free summer to being on a list and that list may be good or bad....defined by two things..the teacher and the kids in the class...
and they are stuck there....stuck....and I hate that. I don't think it bothered me as much before last year but last year scarred me for life. I have this 6th sense about things which I have posted about before...things I know...just know.And last year with Riggs I knew it was not a good fit. Nothing against who he got...she is an amazing teacher....and an amazing person..... or the class really.... just the combination of it all with who he was at the time was not was not a good fit and I felt it deep with in me. I expressed my concerns which I had never done before but it fell on deaf ears. They are not going to move a child because of a mom's gut feeling...and I can't blame them. Riggs ended up having a terrible year....and I mean terrible. With middle school and not knowing who reads this blog I won't go into it....I don't want to cause him any stress by sharing that story but it was a year for my child I would not wish on my worst enemy. NO blame on anyone....it just wasn't going to work and I knew it...and we were stuck......he was stuck....and I had to watch him endure this and I could do nothing about it...nothing.
SO I hate this day now....I just do.
All the teachers are good at Goshen and the kids are fabulous but even with that sometimes the mix is not right for your kid....and I always feel it right away if it's "off"....and I wish more than anything that I didn't.
 I  sat with an uneasy feeling...slowly filling out paper work...not wanting to know what list they were on.

 and then we went to find out......
Mrs. P for Lila
Mrs. Oberst for Sarah Kate
Mrs. Roberts for Rollins
so there you go........and here we go.....the littles are on a list for the 2013 school year.
We headed to Verbena for our annual "find out your teacher" breakfast.....everyone with their best buds to talk about the school year!


Wish us luck....hopeful for a great school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment