It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Life is short but beautiful

My moma calls me Pollyanna.....she has always called me this ever since I was little. I am a glass half full kind of girl....I just am. 
But people remind me daily that life is short. I see so many wasting precious time as they look for the negative in people and the world around them...people they know are good...people who have shown them kindness and love....but it's more exciting in the moment to focus on the negative....stir the pot...gossip...not thinking about the lingering affects it will have on people....and relationships. My littles also remind me daily that life is short as I watch them grow overnight and see their fleeting child hood pass so quickly. Today they chase butterflies......


 and they find it magical......
 They are full of hope....and love....and believe in this big, big world they can go out side and catch a butterfly......something that is fast and fleeting like life......but they believe they can....
 and they do......
 and then they let it go....because they know they can catch another one....they believe that in their heart....they are so hopeful and that makes my heart happy.....
 The beautiful butterfly is such a metaphor for life....they only get a few days on this Earth as their life is so short.... but with only a few days to live they flit and fly and bring beauty to those around them....it's a short life but a beautiful one....I want my littles to keep this childhood hope and always look for the good.... and the beauty in life and for goodness in people.......

“She liked being reminded of butterflies. She remembered being six or seven and crying over the fates of the butterflies in her yard after learning that they lived for only a few days. Her mother had comforted her and told her not to be sad for the butterflies, that just because their lives were short didn't mean they were tragic. Watching them flying in the warm sun among the daisies in their garden, her mother had said to her, see, they have a beautiful life. Alice liked remembering that.” 
― Lisa GenovaStill Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment