It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Anthem 5K


Riggs, Jeremy and I got up early this, cold, February morning and headed downtown for the first leg of the triple crown of running..the Anthem 5K. We parked a mile away from he start line so we ran there as our warm up. It was so cold...and being cold is far from my favorite thing. I ran but was a little..I don't want to do this inside...and when Riggs started in saying he was cold and tired..I thought for a second about sitting this one out. Riggs had been to a sleepover and he really was tired..and it really was cold..and  I could have fed my self 100 reasons in that moment why we should get a hot chocolate and wait in the warm car for Jeremy...but that thought was fleeting and I turned on a smile for Riggs..gave him a pep talk and off we continued running to the start line...and in no time we were there among the masses....Ten thousand people to be exact. When we got there we saw a little boy who does cross country for Hite...a kid Riggs had raced against before and he was immediately focused on his race and was excited to be there.


 We stretched ....Riggs said a little prayer....and got we in line....




 We all took off together...and it was only minutes before Jeremy and Riggs pulled ahead of me I watched as they weaved in and out of people...and then I was running solo. I have to say that with out Riggs to run with and see me running that is was hard....that hot chocolate was calling my name again. 

But I kept going and even ran as fast as I could ...and I kept picturing Riggs waiting for me at the finish line...and when I got there it was worth it! Riggs was right there waiting for me...a smile of pride on his face..that said...that's my Momma!  He ran right over to me and told me I improved my time from last year by four minutes and that was really good...keep in mind he had improved his by 8 minutes.  He is so sweet.... and as we walked away from the loud finish line to get our complimentary Panera Cinnamon Crunch Bagel and water...he put his hand in mine and we walked hand in hand to the food line. Today I can't walk...I hurt all over and I feel lousy...Jeremy says it's from the run...I think I may have the flu....either way I am glad I was at the Anthem 5K yesterday with Riggs.

We were all glad to get home...after our big morning...I am already worried about having to run 6 miles in two weeks...it's amazing the things we are fueled to do...with the love our children feed us.

No comments:

Post a Comment