It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Random acts of Kindness

I was on my way to school today for a PTA meeting. I had a gift in my purse for our PTA president who just lost a dear person in her life. I had 2 huge Snickerdoodles for the ladies  who work the front office at Goshen for all they do. I truly do try to do at least one random act of kindness every day...it truly does my heart good. I stopped in at Thortons for a cup of coffee...on a whim I decide to splurge and get the $1.99 plastic refillable coffee cup..it's the little things, you know! When I got up to the counter, the cashier told me the Fex Ex guy had left money to pay for my "fancy" coffee cup...Garth, a man I had never met..and did not even make eye contact with, had paid it forward...a random act of kindness. I was taken aback...was touched and even teary.  That was so thoughful...funny how some small gesture...especially when it is unexpected can mean so much.
 When Jeremy came home today he brought in these flowers for me...love my husbansd but this is not really like him...an unexpected thank you for listening to him and supporting him through decisions he is making.  A small gesture than meant the world to me. It just feels good to know that someone is thankful for you...it just does. Another random act of kindness in my day...it was just a feel good...do good kind of day!
 Even Jack was feeling it today...sensing that Jeremy needed a little extra love..he curled up by him tonight on the floor...paying is forward Jack style!

No comments:

Post a Comment