It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Love Day


i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)
-ee cummings

We did it up right...this day of Love! I packed lunches in Valentine baggies...with heart shaped peanut butter and jellies...and a love note from mom tucked inside!
 The boys loved their Valentine presents this morning and their favorite was the new shoes...Go Cats!
 And it was love at first sight for the girls with their new purses...by far their favorite Valentine gift from us!
 We partied at school...the boys sharing the love with their amazing teachers and classes.  I made videos for their classes and for Braden and Julia's classes too....I asked for the parents to send in Valentines' day messages for each child....and so I put almost 100 messages into these 4 videos....each message from the heart and so precious. With the editing...I watched each video so many times...too many to count...and each time I got teary...one thing is for sure...these kids at Goshen are Loved...loved....loved.

 And then it was home...and we were in love with the warmer temperatures....the kids ...and Jack playing outside....


 and I was in love with their outside, sweet giggles....oh how I love the laughter of a child and when the laughter is my own child it is all the more sweeter....

The Timmerings loved us with a yummy heart shaped cookie cake!
 And the girls were so excited to get a bath and put on their new Valentine pajamas from Bumpa and Grandpa and read their new books!
The request for dinner was pancakes and sausage...and the pancakes were shaped likes hearts for my loves!

After a long day...of putting in his resignation for Stryker and accepting a new job with Zimmer..daddy finally arrived on the scene...with roses for his baby girls, candy for the boys, and a beautiful dress and necklace for me!
 I put the necklace right on...and it touched my heart....literally!
 Lila had to have one more Valentine sucker before bed...and why not it is Valentine's Day...and she is sticky sweet! ;)
I do heart this day...this day where love is the center of it all...and you freely give and receive love without hesitation. I passed strangers in the halls today at school and smiled and told them Happy Valentine's Day...and they smiled and returned the words ....and they meant them...they were not hollow but from the heart...so Happy Valentine's day to everyone...may you carry the love you felt today in your heart for days and days and days!

No comments:

Post a Comment