It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Monday, February 7, 2011

Hungry

I am hungry...so very hungry...for the sun......

 To be surrounded by warmth.....
 from the inside out.....
 To have bare feet....and piles of flip flops laying around at the ready.....I am so hungry for it.
It seems to me that is has been a long winter...and although I love the snow this year I won't be sad to see it go. I am ready to give up my winter coat as my out the door accessory and trade it in for my pool bag.  I am making plans for warmer days...vacation dates...summer camps...Easter dresses.....and even making plans for warmer days is a happy step in the right direction.

Today at least I can see the grass through the snow...

 And if you look closely..the signs of Spring...and the warmth to come are all around us...like my tulips peeking out...
 Spring clothes for the boys arriving in the mail...in fresh, fun, warm colors...that make me smile just opening them...
 Celebrating 100 days of school...which means spring is just around the corner..and the happiness of having outside recess is a gift the boys can have every day.....
 Spring shoes we yearn for..... and wear them out of the store even though it is too cold... because we can...it makes us happy....just looking down at them makes us feel warm inside for a moment....

Hold tight, friends...it's coming....it won't be long until you are warm again....

No comments:

Post a Comment