It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Sunday, February 6, 2011

oh sweet music...

Some days are longer than others...and with four little ones...all still needing me...I would be lying if I didn't admit that some days are really....really long...and then there is the witching hour. The witching hours is that time right after supper...but right before baths that we are all tired... when the kids are drained from the day but resentful that the day is almost over and bed time is on the horizon. Tempers get short...babies get fussy...and I fight to keep it all together...to be calm...and patient. in these times...on these days...I have found that music can most always lift our mood. Last night was one such night. Jeremy was gone...the supper dished were piled high...the boys were picking on each other...Lila was crying over any and everything...when Jack grabbed a marker and got it all over the carpet..I could feel the tears well up in my eyes..almost giving in to defeat. But instead I grabbed my i pod and put on music...fun...get your groove on music....and in seconds the children were dancing...and we were all smiling!




 We took the portable speakers up to the bath and continued the party in the bath tub...amazing how a little music can turn it all around! Oh sweet music...sometimes you just sooth my soul..and for that I am so thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment