It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Sunday, February 13, 2011

That's my boy

At school today I was stopped in the hallway by Mrs. Gaynor who is Riggs' math teacher...she wanted to show me is long division and how he is gifted at it.....he really has a thing for it, she said. I walked away smiling inside.  When someone tells me something amazing about Riggs..it still has to sink in for a moment...amazing at math, huh....that's my boy.

I was in Mrs. Parrotts class cleaning and she told me she had something exciting to show me. She then showed me Rigg's Aims test scores for reading...they were amazing...I'm really impressed with him, she said. I continued cleaning smiling inside....amazing at Reading...huh...that's my boy.

 So the afternoon came and Riggs got home from school....he got off the bus...a medal hug from his neck...he was all smiles. The medal was from Battle of the books...a contest he participated in with some of his classmates. They really tried hard...and it paid off. Working hard...trying to go above what is expected of him....that's my boy.
Riggs had asked me this morning before he left for school if I could do him a favor...he wanted me to get him a cookie cake with good luck at Tryouts written on it for Colin who would be trying out for a traveling basketball team.....thoughtful and caring......that's my boy.

He is an amazing brother....he spends time with all his siblings...he plays basketball and all kinds of stuff  with Rollins but he is also happy to  do things like read to his sisters...the books of their choice...sweet and amazing...that's my boy.

And he is funny too...I was lucky enough to be in the room with him when he took his first sip of ice cold root beer in a glass bottle...he tipped it back..took a sip  .looked at me..and said one word...Epic

He has come a long way...from the little boy he used to be.....he is growing up and I am oh so proud of him in so many ways......I fall more in love with him every day.....sometimes I am afraid my heart will burst!

That's my boy...

No comments:

Post a Comment