It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Friday, September 16, 2011

Captain Riggs

Tonight at Cross Country Coach announced the team captains for the season. Riggs really wanted to be chosen. He said that he hoped coach saw how hard he works and that he hoped he thought he was a good choice.  I could see how much it meant to him but I was unsure if he would be chosen. You just never know. As involved as we are in Cross Country there are some things...like this...that we don't know just like the rest of the team until they are announced. 
 He waited while coach talked and if I know Riggs I bet he sent a silent prayer up....
 When Coach announced that he was one of the team captain he was so happy...never said a word, but look at that face.....
 He couldn't believe it!  It means so much to him...all of it...the sport...the team...his performance...I love it when the things your child wants and the things you want for your child work out. Congratulations, Captain Riggs!

1 comment: