It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Rumble in the jungle

Today was the Rumble in the Jungle . Riggs was so excited! We had never been a part of such a big meet with so many kids! 33 school were there and Riggs wanted a medal...with so many kids Jeremy and I were nervous..afraid he might walk away disappointed. I watched him at the start line...smiling...happy....ready

Coach told him to run his race

And he did......I was taking pictures for the team and as the stampede of boys came toward me...hundreds of boys....I thought is there any way Riggs can run with these boys...but he had told me that he had a plan for his race...and he knew if he could just see Evan in front of him he would be fine...I was a nervous wreck...and he had a plan.

After I saw the boys pass by me...Riggs was in the lead pack but many, many kids from the front....and I wished him good luck..and went into the woods to wait for Evan...to see if his plan would work. Evan passed me and I looked down the trail..and there he was. There was Riggs....my Riggs.

He came in 10th place...which is amazing for a 3rd grader who is very new to cross country...he was so pleased! Mrs Parrott came to cheer her kids on and I am so happy to say that Riggs is one of her kids! To top the meet off the Goshen boys won first place!


No comments:

Post a Comment