It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Runnning Riggs...

Tonight Riggs has his second XC meet...the Chance Chase. This one was divided up differently than the first one with Riggs racing in the k-3rd grade group...instead of with the 4th and 5th graders. The Coach told him he expected big things from him and for the rest of the boys to try and keep up with Riggs....so the pressure was on...and he was nervous...but excited!

They took off....and Riggs made his way to the front of the pack...chasing the motorcycle...and as he came up the first hill he turned around to see a boy in red gaining on him...Jeremy yelled out to him and his little head looked to to that famaliar, strong voice...and Riggs kicked it into a another gear!

The rest of the kids seemed to drift away and it was Riggs....Riggs was running as hard as he could....giving it his whole heart with every stride. I seemed like forever before he emerged from the woods...and I couldn't wait to see his face coming down the last stretch to the finish line...I remember I closed my eyes and said a silent prayer for him...and the cheers brought me back to the reality around me..."Here they come, I heard!" I opened my eyes...praying the kid I saw first....the one in the lead would still be Riggs....and when I did...it was....I saw Riggs and no one else.



He was shining from the inside out with happiness! It was so amazing to see him in the light!

The team was amazing! Winning first in 3 of the 4 categories! It was a fun meet, a great night, and a milestone for Riggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment