It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Watkins...we're back...with Lila this time!

Today Watkins preschool was back in session for the fall...and I took two beautiful little girls! We got dressed and ready in matching Watkins outfits...got our back packs and after stopping on the porch for a quick pic...we headed out the door for a new adventure!

The girls were unbelievably precious as we walked to the school....Sarah Kate taking the lead as the loving big sister...taking Lila's little hand in hers...I was so happy for them but back to school is always a little heart breaking for me....it just is...you feel them slipping and it makes me feel uneasy.


Sarah Kate went right in...and slipped easily into the morning routine at Watkins...and we were off to drop off lila Ray to her room. She was happy and excited and joined Eliza on the floor to play.

Jeremy and I slipped out into the hall...and I thought for a moment this was easy...and then there she was...right by my side in the hall.."hold you moma"....reaching up for me to take her...and I scooped her up and held her close breathing in her warm vanilla scent...and too soon for me the teacher was there to take her from me...and she clung to me saying "moma"....and I let go with my arms and with a breaking heart I kissed her cheek and she took her back in the room. I got just a glimpse of her little face as I hurried down the hall.

Thanks for the flowers, Jenna....they really helped! I am not sure why it hurts so much but it always does....I can't wait to go pick them up and have them be all mine again!

No comments:

Post a Comment