It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Thursday, November 17, 2011

2011 XC Banquet

Tonight we had our cross country banquet! The kids were welcomed by cake....
 personalized picture ornaments.......
 and all of their trophies from this season on display!
 Most of all they were welcomed by their team mates! Everyone was so happy to be back together! It truly is like a family!
 We all ate and spent time recognizing these amazing kids and their accomplishments! Riggs was recognized as being chosen on the all are team for Kentucky. Riggs was also recognized as the fastest fourth grader in the state meet and Rollins was recognized as the fastest second grader in the state meet!
 It was amazing to see Riggs so "in his element". Here with these kids and these people he feels happy and confident and I love seeing him that way. Sometimes I still can't believe this amazing runner was my shy, scared, little boy who once had very little confidence.
 The best part was watching the video I had made. I put my heart into this....and can't even begin to count the hours it took to make it....but I loved giving this gift to them. I love these kids so very much! The video also means a lot to Monique...and she means a lot to me....so it is also a gift for her in a way.  She does so much for the team and she really gives her heart and her time to Goshen XC.
 It was a great night!
 I just love my runners and I am so proud of them!
 When I put them to bed they both thanked me.....pulling me close into their warm sweetness....they thanked me for the video and for doing the speeding tickets and the prizes.  It was a long season...and a lot of time and work and heart went into it but at the end of the day my boys know how much I gave to their season and for me that makes every second put into it count.
Good nigh, my little runners.....I hope you win big in your dreams tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment