It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Eve

 I know that my neighbors have their Christmas trees up....and that people are buying Christmas and thinking Christmas....but it's fall at my house still. There are pumpkins on my porch and leaves on the ground...and it's Thanksgiving in my heart.........I have so much to be thankful for.........

 I am thankful that my kids draw me with a smile on my face......and that they see me as happy. That means a lot to me.
 I am thankful that my family will gather at my dining room table tomorrow and we will laugh and "remember when" about the past.


  The littlest littles have their own table but they will finish first and these  Littles will climb on laps...and run around the table...and probably crawl under it....but I wouldn't have it any other way.


 I love it that even though Christmas is all around us....we are celebrating Thanksgiving inside and out.

I am thankful for family recipes passed down from generation to generation and how I make them now for my littles...and that with each passing Thanksgiving these recipes become more and more a part of the Thanksgivings they will remember from their childhoods.



 I am Thankful for my mom....and her Cranberry salad.
 I am thankful for the Home of the Innocence little boy that we bought Christmas for today .....we will be wishing four year old Quanlan the happiest of holidays.....
 I am thankful for my coconut cake......I can't wait to pair it with carmel drizzle coffee tomorrow for dessert!
 I am Thankful for pumpkins on the mantel....
 A best friend who loves me....and who got good news today....Braden's medicine is working...and that is something to be thankful for for sure!

 and this precious face to help me cook and bake!
 I am Thankful for little delights that my children leave every where..... every day that make me smile...like the plate that SK decorated in the kitchen.....

 But mostly I am thankful for my family...... all together under one roof tonight on this Thanksgiving eve. Tomorrow is going to be wonderful...I can feel it in my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment