It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Sunday, November 13, 2011

I'll never forget...

I have a few friends right now with babies...and these friends of mine are working mothers who are struggling with it. Struggling with the work and family balance...struggling with having someone else do the things during the day that that wish they could be doing...struggling with leaving their sweet ones 5 days a week.  They have just been on my mind so much lately...my heart goes out to them.  It's hard...that inner struggle we have as momas to want to be all things to all people...but mostly we just want to be good momas. Some how when they hand that baby to you ...and you stare down at the beautiful face...you are forever changed....and in a moment this little tiny bundle defines you as so much more than what you were yesterday.  Some of usage ok with going back to work....some of us yearn to be at home and you really don't know what way your heart will be pulled until you are there....in the midst of being a real mother to a real baby that means the world to you. I just wish my friends peace with the decisions they are making for the life they are living right now.  For them to know that they are amazing mothers whether they go to work or stay home...that either path they choose will work out. I never though when I walked away from Merck and my career path and financial stability that things would just have a way of working out....but they did.  It was a leap of faith and a decision that for me was the best one I have ever made. So tonight I am sending out love to them...Sunday nights were always hard when I was a working mother....they just were. I remember those Sunday nights like they were yesterday......

No comments:

Post a Comment