It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Monday, June 6, 2011

Bray's Berries!

 After church Jeremy was off to work out and I was itching to go home for my Trimble County Bray's berries! So we off we went like we do every Strawberry season...it's tradition...and there is nothing like reconnecting with what you know as home. As usual a wave of my childhood washed over me the minute I saw the Bray's sign!
 Inside the market, it's like stepping back in time and I can remember being here as a child...picking berries....eating berries....and I love sharing this with the kids every season! If you don't share these sweet pieces of your life before them with your children they will never know pieces of you you won't want them to miss.

 They know these berries are special!
 The smell of the market is what takes me back to my childhood, I think...the mingling scents of the fruits and veggies.....
 and I love how Jamie and Carlos Bray are there evey time....I cling to how some things stay the same...in my chaotic, every changing days as a mother of 4....I appreciate that so much....it brings me comfort and a sense of peacefulness. Funny the places you find peace....today at a country road side fruit market.....and I soaked it up because who knows what tomorrow may bring!
 I love being here.....I love being home...I love sharing pieces of my childhood with my littles.....

We brought the berries home for shortcake, smoothies, and pies, and the best strawberry jam in the world. I love it so much because I make a bunch and eat it all year long....and everytime I take a bite it reminds me of summer, Bray's market, and happy childhood memories!
 The littles are big fans too!

No comments:

Post a Comment