It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Last 1st grade field trip

 Today was the last field trip for Rollins. We headed to Creasy Mahan Nature Preserve. The kids were excited...school is almost out and they know summer is just around the corner!
 They explored the pond and sat through the classes with wiggly bottoms!
 It hit me today that we would not have Ashley next year...hit me hard.  In the corner of a classroom I told her I knew in my heart she was teaching third grade and that she was going to have a baby...she just smiled and shrugged her shoulders...and didn't say a word. It's hard to know something in your heart and yet you don't really know anything until you hear it out loud.  Ashley Howard is hard to give up....she is amazing. I tell people all the time that I would stand in front of a train for her...and I am pretty sure I would. But what better news is there than there will be a baby in her future?! I can't wait till I officially know that too!
 My Rollins has had an amazing year...and has come so far and learned so much! And he is still smiling....as always...and trying to the very end to earn one more dollar! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment