It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Time with Sydney


Syd woke up this morning at my house...the night had been perfectly peaceful...and yet I could see she was a little restless this morning. Soon the tears came and I realized she thought her mom was out of school...home alone...starting summer without her. I took her in my arms, explained that her mom was at work...she would be fine for a moment then tear up again. She wanted to go swimming but the pool didn't open for another couple of hours...I needed a happy distraction....I decided to go with retail therapy! I needed her tears to stop for good...I wanted her to be happy....when I told her we were going to Toys r Us....she never said another word about Mom again for the rest of the day and was all smiles! Sometimes you just need a happy distraction!

We got pool toys....mermaids, barbies, and a new tea party set!  Ater we shopped  and changed into our swim gear the pool was open and the rest of the day was fillled with sunshine and smiles!


Lila was happy to meet up with Lexi at the pool and they had tea party after tea party!

Later in the afternoon we met Jason and Tonya half way to drop off Syd. I was so happy she came and so pleased to be able to share my life and my heart with her in our own way.  She is amazing! When I came home and walked in the door the first thing I saw was Syd's picture hanging with the rest of the Hardy children's art....just like one of the family....and that pleased me so much to have her lingering in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment