It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A rainy day at the beach can be fun too

When you wake up to rain at the beach....it makes you sigh...and you hope it's not the first of many days of rain...because you came all this way...and if it rains the rest of the week....and well it's just not good. But one rainy day is good...and that's just what we had. One rainy day to let up regroup. I did laundry and got organized this morning while the littles played hide and seek in a whole new space. They had so much fun. I know these moments of the four of them playing together are fleeting so I take it all in.....how Lila hides in the same spot every time....how the boys make sure the counter does not peek...how Sarah Kate likes to hide with someone else.



 Our rainy morning gave way to a dance party in the kitchen with the counter as Lila's stage!


 and a great day of back to school shopping at the outlet mall!
 Sarah Kate had the best time shopping for her back to school wardrobe! The best find was a little t shirt for her...green with an owl on it...and on it it says worldly and wise....so perfect for her!
 The minute we got there I saw this purse and I loved it...but I wanted to shop for the kids..and unfortunately there was only so much shopping money...so I walked away and thought I would revisit it at the end of the day...and just maybe get it. As we got ready to leave I walked over the the purses and the one I loved was gone...not meant to be. The man working asked what I was looking for and I told him about the purse I had wanted but that it was one. He took one from under the counter and asked if this was it...and it was. He handed it to me and said my two little boys and husband had bought it for me hours ago. I about died...that was so sweet. The boys had taken Jeremy right over there after we split up...an I lucky or what!?
 Although the rain cleared up..we still kept that rainy day feeling...and came come to cuddle up...all 6 of us for a movie...it was the perfect rainy day at the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment