It's the little things that mean the most.....

When I pray for these children my prayer is for them to have kind, loving hearts....this is our life...our journey...our Hardy Hearts....

Monday, June 27, 2011

Vacation nights


Vacation nights are the best...for so many reasons. The house is not your house so you don't feel connected to it...bound to it like you do your own...if there is a pile here...a pile there...who cares. I know I have piles at my house but they still bother me...but not on vacation. The nights are just an extension of the fun...and your time together...and I never want them to end. This vacation I had me a moma's girl in Lila Ray...

I loved holding her at the beach...taking in her warm, vanilla scent....and knowing she didn't want to be with anyone else but me...

taking in time with everyone...moments here...moment there....

and never knowing what moments will seep into your your memories as your favorites....sometimes the best ones are the ones your didn't expect...like walking down to the beach at night to find a garden of pinwheels!
or a sweet moment with my Autistic nephew Landon and his whole world....my sister.
It's just nice...to feel someone you love, warm and close when the vast, dark ocean is before you....especially when you have spaghetti sauce on your dress followed by it getting drenched by a wave.....and you want to be big and act like you don't care, but really do you...cause really you are still little.

This night the boys were chasing Landon...and everyone was laughing...because they couldn't catch him and believe me they tried!


This night we did a little night swimming too...which is so beautiful and so fun! It's like a whole new world swimming at night as the lights shine and glimmer beneath the pools surface.
I can honestly say that every night we went to bed knowing we had a full...fun...amazing day with no regrets...full of moments that seemed more nostalgic as we remembered our day at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment